Decepta Con is a safe space where everyone is welcome and may express themselves freely. Even so, certain kinds of offensive or harassing behavior will not be tolerated. We have taken steps to make it easy to report instances of such behavior. It’s very important that if you are being harassed or endangered, you report it immediately. We cannot address anything that we aren’t made aware of and need whatever detail can be provided, such as names, badge numbers, or other descriptive information. As a member, if you see someone harassed or taking inappropriate photos (where the target of the photo is unaware), we encourage you to speak up and say something. Look out for one another and ensure we are all treated with respect.
If you feel you’ve been harassed please find the nearest volunteer. They will direct you to security. If, at any time, you feel that your safety or the safety of others is in jeopardy, please contact Emergency Services via 911.
Decepta Con reserves the right to revoke passes without refund or compensation (Rule 13). If an individual breaks the rules of the convention, they may be barred, either for several hours or for the rest of the event. If an individual breaks the law (city, state, or federal) they will be arrested. If you have been punished for breaking a rule and feel that you’ve been treated unfairly you may appeal that ruling with the convention organizers, but that decision will be final.
The following are the rules of the convention:
1. You must wear your membership badges at all times to be admitted to any convention function.
2. Possession of an alcoholic beverage in the gaming rooms,not bought on convention grounds is not permitted.
3. Please keep all behavior that polite fans would find offensive in public away from the convention.
4. Decepta Con is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property during the event.
5. Decepta Con is not responsible for injuries sustained during the course of the event.
6. All activities at the convention are subject to change, however, every effort will be made to notify guests of these changes.
7. This convention has a NO WEAPONS policy that will be enforced:
All weapons that are part of cosplay must be non-functioning, possession of real gun, even not functional, is not allowed.
All fake guns must be unable to shoot projectiles of any kind including water, silly string, or ping-pong balls.
Bladed weapons must not be made of metal regardless of function or piece bonding. Leave all blades in your vehicle or with the security desk near the entrance.
ny weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and rule 13 enforced.
eal firearms are not allowed on the premises. This includes attendees who maintain a Weapons Carry License or similar permit from another state.
Convention security and local law enforcement will treat anything that looks like a real weapon accordingly.
Attendees who choose to ignore this policy will be asked to leave and have their badge revoked.
Violators can also be arrested. Decepta Con will not post bail.
Sworn Law Enforcement are excused from the NO WEAPONS policy.
8. No smoking, vaping, eating, or drinking is allowed in the vendor hall or main areas.
9. No abusing the convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls. Public locations for notices are provided.
10. Do not hand out flyers/cards in our space. Flyers/cards on an open table will be cleared to a trash receptacle. If you’re handing out material in an unauthorized convention area you will be asked to stop. Repeat violations invoke rule 13.
11. Remember that NO COSTUME IS NOT A COSTUME and there are public nudity laws. Please wear appropriate clothing if you are cosplaying. This is a family friendly event.
12. No selling of goods and services without permission from convention administration.
13. Decepta Con reserves the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money if you break any of these rules.
What this all boils down to is simple: be polite, be nice, don’t be a jerk, and you will have a great time!